Sunday, July 14, 2013

Zebra Chocolate Chip Cookies

I call these zebra chocolate chip cookies because they use both white and milk chocolate chips.  I took the Nestle Tollhouse recipe and edited it to my liking, mainly by adding more chocolate!  Their recipe calls for nuts, but I prefer my chocolate chip cookies without nuts, so I substituted the white chocolate chips in their place.

The ingredients I used are pictured here...minus the chocolate chips!


Mixing them all together with a hand mixer and adding the chocolate chips, I decided that there weren't enough chocolate chips to have some in every cookie (the original recipe calls for 2 cups total of chocolate chips, so I put 1 cup semi-sweet and 1 cup white into the batter).  So I doubled what Nestle recommended so that it looked more like this.


I then popped them in the oven, and 10 minutes later was rewarded with these beauties!


They were delicious - I brought them to work and my coworkers agreed that they were awesome!  So here's the recipe!  Warning: this recipe makes about 60 cookies, so unless you're baking for a large family or a party or something involving lots of people, you probably want to reduce the quantities!

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 sticks butter, softened
  • 3/4 c granulated sugar
  • 3/4 c brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 2 c white chocolate chips
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 375 F.
  • Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl.  
  • Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl until creamy.  Add the eggs one at a time and beat them into the mixture.  Gradually beat in flour mixture.
  • Add the chocolate chips (both white and semi-sweet) and mix well.
  • Drop tablespoon-sized drops onto baking sheets.
  • Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.  Allow to cool for 2 minutes on baking sheets, then transfer to cooling racks.


No comments:

Post a Comment