Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Double Chocolate Banana Bread


This recipe comes from thesistercafe.com - they have a bunch of great stuff on their website!  I have a bunch of bananas going bad so I decided to bake with them before they become completely unusable.  Also this recipe helps appease my insatiable sweet tooth, and since bananas are in the recipe, it automatically is healthy for you, right? :)


 So the original recipe calls for about 3 mashed bananas, which is what I used, but I decided that it's a little too banana-strong, so I cut the recipe back to 2 1/2.  I haven't tried it with the 2 1/2 bananas, but I imagine you can still taste the bananas just fine.


Ingredients:
  • 1 c sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 c vegetable oil
  • 2 1/2 mashed bananas
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 c flour
  • 1/2 c cocoa (I used special dark, but you don't have to)
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 c semi sweet chocolate chips
Directions:
  • Spray a bread pan with cooking spray and preheat the oven to 350 F.
  • Beat sugar, eggs, and oil in a medium to large mixing bowl.  When combined, mix in the mashed bananas and vanilla extract until smooth.  
  • In a small mixing bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.  Add to the medium mixing bowl slowly, beating in each addition slowly.
  • Stir in chocolate chips
  • Spoon batter into bread pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until an inserted toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
  • Remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment