Sunday, July 14, 2013

Garden Pasta

This is virtually the same as my tomato artichoke pasta recipe, but I added a few new ingredients.  I was inspired by a meal I had at Jason's Deli: Zucchini Garden Pasta.  So this is my rendition of that meal.

First I chop up some zucchini or Italian squash, tomatoes, and artichokes.  While I'm chopping these, I heat some olive oil with garlic powder and oregano in a sauce pan on low-medium heat.  Once the oil is hot, I add the chopped vegetables to the pan, along with some spinach.

While the vegetables saute a little, I cook some noodles, occasionally tossing the vegetables so that they don't burn.

Once the pasta is done, I mix the pasta and veggies, add a little parmesan cheese, and if needed, add a little more of the olive oil, garlic, and oregano sauce from the pan.  And voila, a simple, easy, and healthy meal!

Ingredients (makes about 2 servings):
Note: these ingredients are estimates, because this recipe does not need to be precise at all.  All measurements are simply to taste.  Here are some recommendations on amounts:

  • 1/2 c Italian squash/zucchini
  • 1/2 c tomato
  • 1/2 c artichoke hearts
  • 1/2 c spinach leaves
  • 1 tbs oregano
  • 1 tbs garlic powder
  • 2 tbs olive oil
  • 1 c pasta
  • 1/4 c parmesan cheese
Directions:
  • Heat the olive oil, oregano, and garlic powder in a sauce pan over low to medium heat.
  • Chop the squash/zucchini, artichoke hearts, and tomato, and add them to the heated oil with the spinach leaves.
  • Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
  • Drain the pasta and mix with the vegetables and leftover olive oil sauce.  Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the pasta and serve while hot.
Inspired by: Jason's Deli Garden Zucchini Pasta.

Pictures will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment