Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pesto Ranch Chicken

Here's a delicious slow cooker recipe that's really easy and makes a fantastic dinner!  The recipe I borrowed is intended to serve 8, but I've modified it to serve 2 and make extra sauce, because I love soaking up extra sauce with noodles, rice, or bread rolls after a meal is over.

This recipe requires only 4 ingredients! (The chicken is already in the crockpot in this picture)


You simply add all of the ingredients into the crockpot, stir them up a little, then let them cook, and about 6 hours later you have tender, flavorful chicken breasts that go perfect either over noodles, over rice, or as the original recipe website suggests, with mashed potatoes and a salad.


Unfortunately I do not have a photo of the finished meal on a plate - I live in Oklahoma, and this meal happened to be what I ate on the day that one of the many F5 tornadoes we've been unlucky enough to get this summer touched down way too close to home.  So after work I ran home, scooped it quickly into some tupperware as the sky turned darker and greener, and drove quickly to a building with a basement just as the sirens went off!  I will try to put a picture of the finished meal up next time I make this recipe.

Ingredients:
  • 3 chicken breasts
  • 3 oz pesto sauce
  • 1/2 packet dry ranch seasoning
  • 1/4 c chicken broth
Directions:
  • Place all of the ingredients into the crockpot.  Stir to mix the flavors and coat the chicken.
  • Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.

And if you would like to donate to the relief efforts of one of the devastating tornadoes that recently hit Oklahoma, please do so here: https://servemoore.com/give/


No comments:

Post a Comment