Monday, April 22, 2013

Tomato and Artichoke Pasta


This recipe is one of my own creations.  It's really easy, a nice upscale to the typical college meal of pasta!  It's light enough to enjoy on summer evenings after spending a day outside in the heat, and leftovers also make a great lunch.  As an added bonus, it tastes great cold, so you can pack it for a school or work lunch and not worry about trying to find a microwave!  I usually make up two to three servings of this and keep each serving in its own tupperware in my fridge so that I can just grab them in the mornings on my way out the door.  Total cooking time is about fifteen minutes.

Ingredients:
(Yields 2 servings)

  • 1 small tomato, chopped
  • 1 small can artichoke hearts, chopped
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat pasta
  • Garlic, oregano, basil to taste
  • Parmesan (optional)


As you can see from this photo, I buy artichoke hearts in bulk because I love them. So I estimated that the amount I used would be about 1 small can.  I go for an equal amount of tomato and artichoke, so that after chopped it looks like this:

Directions:


  • Cook the noodles as instructed on the package.
  • Chop up the artichoke hearts and tomato.
  • Mix the tomatoes, artichoke hearts, olive oil, and spices.
  • Drain the pasta and mix with the mixture of tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and spices.
  • Drizzle with more olive oil (if desired) and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (if desired).

No comments:

Post a Comment