Sunday, April 21, 2013

DIY Tote Bag

This idea is really cute, and adaptable for many different people by simply filling the bag with their favorite things!  And it's really cheap - you can buy everything at Hobby Lobby for less than 10 dollars without coupons, and even cheaper with coupons!

Supplies:

  • Tote bag
  • Fabric paint
  • Paintbrush
  • Doily (any shape will work - I chose a heart, but I've seen circles as well.  See my inspiration link at the bottom for more ideas!)



First I laid out the tote bag, making sure there were no creases going down the middle.  Then I simply taped all around the edges of the doily and painted over the holes.  Let the paint dry for 24 hours.  During these 24 hours, I went online and looked for cursive letters and printed off one to use as a stencil.  I cut out the letter and, when the doily paint was completely dry, taped down the homemade letter stencil and painted the inside.  Once the paint is dry, you're done!  Fill it with goodies and you have a cheap, beautiful present personalized for each friend :)

Inspiration from: http://www.projectwedding.com/post/list/diy-bridesmaid-canvas-bags

No comments:

Post a Comment