Saturday, May 11, 2013

Slow Cooker Pot Roast

Today is a big day for me, it's my surprise Mother's Day celebration day!  My lovely parents are driving up to visit me since I am now officially done with final exams.  Since I have an incredibly long, 3-day weekend summer vacation before my amazing summer job begins, my parents decided to come visit me, since coming home is slightly out of the question.

So now it's my turn to surprise them, by celebrating Mother's Day today (since they're leaving Sunday morning)!  I've decided to try something completely new: pot roast in the slow cooker.  I've never made anything with beef more complicated than meatballs, so this is going to be an experiment.  I found this recipe on Pinterest, of course, and have pretty much followed it exact.  It looked pretty simple to me!


For this recipe, I only used 3 ingredients with the meat: cream of mushroom soup, dry onion mix, and water.


I put all of the soup ingredients into the crockpot, then added the roast and submerged it into the mixture.  Then I left it to cook while I went and took my last final exam of the semester! :) 


The meal came out delicious - the meat flaked away with a fork and melted in your mouth!  It was amazing, and my mother enjoyed it too, so it was a very successful Mother's Day celebration!





Ingredients:
(Serves 8)
  • 2 (10.75 oz) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 5 pounds pot roast
Directions:
  • In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix, and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
  • Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 8-9 hours minimum.
Serving suggestion: serve with some fresh vegetables, such as bell peppers, and some nice bread or rolls that can soak up all of the delicious gravy!

No comments:

Post a Comment